With the selection of a Catholic running mate by presumptive GOP nominee, Mitt Romney, I thought it was useful to pull a few quotes from the Romney web site:
- Mitt Romney is pro-life.
- Mitt believes that life begins at conception and wishes that the laws of our nation reflected that view.
- He believes that the right next step is for the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade.
- Mitt supports the Hyde Amendment, which broadly bars the use of federal funds for abortions.
- As president, he will end federal funding for abortion advocates like Planned Parenthood.
- He will protect the right of health care workers to follow their conscience in their work.
- Americans have a moral duty to uphold the sanctity of life and protect the weakest, most vulnerable and most innocent among us.
Certainly it is a historic combination of a Mormon and a Catholic. It should be an interesting ride through November.